Weekly Prizes for Best TinyTap Apps – All August Long!
With the 2014-2015 school year around the corner, teachers everywhere are searching for dynamic new ways to present their lessons and engage their students. While the material might not change dramatically from year to year (2 plus 2 still equals 4), students’ attention spans and standards surely do.
Fortunately, you don’t need to be a techie in order to digitize your lessons. And you don’t need a big budget in order to afford the program to do so. In fact, for the month of August, you could even earn a prize by digitizing your lesson!
TinyTap is excited to introduce the #AugustApps competition: each week of August, TinyTap will award an iPad mini to the best educational app created.
Teachers, now is the time to refresh your lessons and enter the chance to win a prize!
Apps eligible for consideration must teach language, math, science, art, music, or geography lessons (preference given to Common Core aligned lessons) intended for a K-6 audience and be shared publicly on TinyTap’s market. Participating apps must write #AugustApps in the app description
1. Create a cover page with an image and recording to introduce your app (e.g. “Welcome to Ms. Molly’s Math Class – let’s learn about fractions!”)
2. Use original images or graphics from TinyTap’s many creation packs
3. Make sure your audio recording is clear, with no background noise
4. Complete your TinyTap user profile with your name, a picture, and links to your blog or school, etc. … so that if you win, you can channel your new-found publicity accordingly
Terms and Conditions
- The conditions for participation in the competition are set out below.
- TinyTap is holding a competition for the best educational TinyTap apps – to be awarded on a weekly basis in August 2014.
- Every TinyTap user who creates a TinyTap app during August 2014 and makes it “public” (i.e. shared publicly in the TinyTap market) is automatically entered into the competition.
- A new winner will be selected once a week.
- Each winner will be awarded an iPad mini.
- The competition organizers reserve the right not to award prizes if no suitable entries are created.
- TinyTap users and their TinyTap apps participating in the competition may be publicized on the competition website and social media channels, and will be open to criticism from visitors to the website and social media channels.
- Only TinyTap apps that are created between August 1st-31st, 2014, will participate in the competition. The organizers may change the above dates, at their own discretion, and no claims by any participant shall be allowed in connection with such a decision.
- All decisions relating to administration of the competition, including, but not limited to, nomination, selection of winners, publication or any other decision, shall be made by the organizers at their sole discretion.
- The organizers shall not be required to justify their decision as to a winner of the competition or regarding any other decision under these terms and conditions, and no appeal may be made against their decision.
- The organizers shall be entitled, at their sole discretion, to publish advertisements and/or reports and/or other publications with details regarding the competition.
- In any case of discrepancy and/or inconsistency whatsoever between the provisions of these terms and conditions and any other publication, these terms and conditions shall be binding.
- The organizers shall be entitled, at any stage, to suspend and/or cancel the competition. No claims by any participant shall be allowed in connection with such a decision.
- The organizers shall be entitled to modify the terms and conditions for the competition, as set out herein, at their sole discretion, provided that notice of the change is published on the organizers’ website.
- The organizers shall not be liable for any damages, injury to reputation, monetary or non-monetary loss, or any damage of whatever kind, caused to any participant as a result of and/or in connection with their participation or non-participation in the competition.
- Selection of the best TinyTap app shall be at the sole discretion of a judging panel of TinyTap employees, and the panel shall not be required to justify or provide reasons for the decision. Participants shall not have any right of appeal against the decision of the judging panel.
- The organizers of the competition shall be entitled, at their discretion, to make use of the competition entries. Such use may include, but will not be limited to, commercial use, modification and editing, copying and distribution.
- The prizes for the competition shall be as stated above. The prizes are personal awards, and not transferable. Notice of winning a prize will be sent by e-mail to the winners.